Through this medium, my attempt is to revive the old age recipes for a healthy and soulful life. Happy eating live long cheers

Creamy Corn Spinach Gravy




Hi everyone, hope you are enjoying reading my recipes and are attempting the same. Am eagerly looking forward to hearing back from you on how it turned out for you.

In my today’s edition I am playing with spinach and sweetcorn. As we all are aware sweetcorn’s are loaded with a plentiful of vitamins, potassium, iron and has protein content too.  Furthermore, there are two very important Phyto compounds present in sweet corns which helps get a healthier eyesight and also helps in the digestion process.

While it's basically high sugar content cereal so diabetics should limit this intake however a small bowl should do no harm but adding butter and cream may not be a right idea. I would still recommend that  this recipe can be consumed by diabetics but in a limited proportion. 

I  has tasted this creamy gravy in my office food court  while I was working with ISB and they had indeed prepared it very yummilicious. I had some corns and spinach in my fridge and I immediately thought of trying to emulate the same tastes by preparing the same. My child and my husband really liked the outcome of my recipe and I too personally liked it very much.

Herewith  am sharing with you an all "Creamy Corn Spinach gravy" which is an excellent accompaniment with rotis, parathas, Naan and also with jeera rice. 

As the texture is creamy in consistency if you make it with less spicy kids will enjoy this with their roti’s or even with Plain basmati rice. 

Ideally as its named as creamy corn spinach masala it has only corns and spinach however if you want to be innovative no harm in adding either a cubed fried potatoes or shallow fried Paneer (cottage cheese) at the end but today am serving it without adding any. 

You can watch out this space for more corn, spinach combo recipes.  Soon will be posting sandwich with this combo. 


Cuisine: Indian
Course: Main course
Preparation time:20 mmts
Cooking time:  20 mnts

Ingredients:

Boiled sweet corn : 1 cup
Balanced spinach :1 cup

For grinding:

 Onion :1
Tomatoes :2
Cloves :5
Green cardamom :4
Green chillies: 1

For tempering :

Butter:1 tbsp 
Jeera: 1/2 tbsp 
Turmeric powder :1/2 tbsp 
Coriander powder:1/2 tbsp 
Red chilli powder :1/2 tbsp 

Fresh cream :2 tbsp
Salt as per taste
Sugar: 1 tbsp 


Methodology:

Boil the corn kernels with little salt and keep aside and allow it to cool down. 

Blanch the spinach in a hot water for exactly 3 minutes and out it in a bowl with some ice cubes. This will allow the spinach not to over-cook and to retain its colour. 

Once the corns and spinach are cool down grind it in to a smooth paste. 

Grind all the ingredients as given above for grinding and keep aside. 

Take a pan heat it then add butter temper with jeera. 

Now then add the grounded masala and the given powders Coriander, red chillies and turmeric powder. 

Add little salt at this stage so that it allows the gravy to cook faster. 

Once the gravy is done add the corn spinach paste and cook it n a low flame. 

Add cream in the end to finish of the gravy.  you can keep few boiled corn kernels aside and you can add it at the end but I usually avoid it as I like it to be creamy and smooth. 

Serve this with as I said roti’s, even Puri’s, parathas or also with flavoured rice like jeera .




1 comment:

Adbox