Through this medium, my attempt is to revive the old age recipes for a healthy and soulful life. Happy eating live long cheers

Kerala Styled - Authentic Ripe Mango Curry with Chettinad Twist




Continuing with my recipes, today am going to share one of my in-law’s side favourite recipe with ripe mangoes. We can make too many sweet dishes and drinks with sweet mangoes but making a spicy mango curry that too with a Chettinad(Tamilnad) twist is a mouth-watering one. This can be eaten with steamed rice and with some papad and pickles. 

This one recipe usually tried with small mangoes which will be used in full.  But I tried with Alphonse as in Mumbai the place where I stay Alphonse is readily available. 

Making Kerala style Mango gravy is common, so I thought let me make a twist to it and trust me it came out very well. My husband really enjoyed and savoured on it. 

Chetinad cuisine is from down south Tamilnadu. There they use a lot of Coriander seeds, pepper pods and curry leaves in their recipes’, I personally love their cuisine so I thought why not add a twist to Kerala.  

In order to make this spicy sweet saucy recipe it is not too much time consuming, it's simple yet the end result is fascinating I am sure you will enjoy this one. Kerala Style Ripe Mango Curry with Chettinad Twist




Ingredients Required:

Ripe mangoes-    3
Turmeric -              half spoon
Curry leaves-       small cup
Salt-                     As  required
Shredded coconut- 1 cup
Green chillies -       4
Small onion-            3
Coriander seeds  -   half tsp
Pepper-                      half tsp
Chilli powder-            half spoon
Coconut oil-               1 tsp
Mustard seeds-        1 tsp
Fenugreeks seeds-    half tsp

Steps:

Dry roast coriander seeds, pepper and few curry leaves and set a side. 

Peel the mangoes, cut them in to small cubes boil them along with a pinch of turmeric and chilli powder. I love curry leaves flavour personally, so I add few leaves on any veggie while pressure cooking or boiling so that the flavours from the curry leaves will get mixed in the gravy well.


Now take a mixer/food processor grind the shredded coconut, small onions, green chillies, dry roasted spice to a smooth paste .I also add few curry leaves here but it's optional. 

Now add the grounded masala to the boiled mangoes and cook gently don't allow it to overcook because in order to get the complete nutrition from the coconut we should not allow it boil too much this applies to any coconut-based gravy (just a small tip) 

Add salt stir it once you start see bubbling then bring it down temper it with mustard seeds and fenugreeks seeds with coconut oil. 

Now the delicious Kerala style mango curry with Chetinad twist is ready to be enjoyed with steamed rice and with some stir fry veggies along with papad’s. 







2 comments:

Adbox